WHY PICOSURE LASER FOR TATTOO REMOVAL?
icoSure targets unwanted ink, successfully removing difficult ink colors, such as blues and greens, as well as previously treated tattoos.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PICOSURE FOR TATTOO REMOVAL?
- Fewer sessions than other lasers
- 3-5+ sessions
- Treats reds, blacks, and blues
- Non invasive
- Minimal downtime
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING AND AFTER TREATMENTS?
- The PicoSure Laser produces an intense burst of light that is absorbed by the pigmented lesion or tattoo ink
- The sensation of the laser light on the skin is uncomfortable and may feel like a slight pinprick or the sensation of heat. These sensations may last a few hours
- Warmth or heat sensation is expected and will last for about 1 hour
- Slight swelling and redness of the treated area may appear after treatment
- Redness typically resolves in less than an hour but in some cases may linger for 24 hours
- Frosting usually fades in 30 minutes
- Tattoos may blister and have pin point bleeding for a few days after treatment
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and/or hypopigmentation may occur with any laser treatment.
- Typically both resolve spontaneously without intervention in 6-12 months
PRE TREATMENT CARE
- Discontinue any treatment topicals and prescription medications 7 days prior to treatment
- No sun exposure, tanning beds, and sunless tanning cream for 4-6 weeks prior to treatment. Sun exposure decreases the effectiveness of the laser treatment and can increase the chance of post treatment complications
- Use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF 30+. Brush on Block, Avene Mineral SPF 50, or blue lizard is recommended. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun. It is recommended to make this part of your skin care routine
- Remove all makeup, creams or oils prior to treatment
- Test spots may be performed to determine effective treatment settings
POST TREATMENT CARE
- The area should be treated delicately following treatment
- Keep area covered and moist by applying Avene Thermal spring water gel throughout the day
Uncover and allow area to breathe for a few hours at night
- Wash the treatment area gently with soap and water. Do not soak the treated area
Do not shave the treated area if crusting is evident
- Do not pick at scabbing or blistering
- Do not rub or scratch the treated area
- Avoid sun exposure between treatments. Apply recommended SPF 30+ daily