We can help reduce the appearance of double chin with a Kybella Injection
KYBELLA is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called the “double chin.”
How does it work?
Deoxycholic Acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA destroys fat cells resulting in a noticeable reduction of fullness under the chin.
How many treatments of KYBELLA does one need?
Since everyone’s chin profile is different, the number of treatments varies from patient to patient. On average typically 2 treatments is standard.
How long does it last?
Once the fat cells are destroyed these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
What to Expect Prior to Your KYBELLA Treatment:
If interested in KYBELLA treatments, consultations are required prior to scheduling your first appointment. During your consultation, prior to receiving KYBELLA, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck or chin
- Have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck or chin
- Have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area
- Have had or have trouble swallowing
- Have bleeding problems
- Are pregnant or if you plan to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed
- Are taking any medications, especially blood thinners
What to Expect During and After Your Treatment:
- Treatments can only be administered by our KYBELLA trained healthcare specialist, Dr. Michael Nazareth
- At each treatment, you will receive numbing injections prior to receiving multiple small injections under your chin. The injection process takes about 15 to 20 minutes
- After receiving a KYBELLA treatment you will likely have some swelling, bruising or numbness under your chin. This can last several days or up to a week(s)